With APIs playing a critical role in modern software systems and architectures, knowing how to test and automate at the API level is an essential skill for you as a tester.
In this course, you’ll learn how to create readable, maintainable and powerful tests in Java using the open source API test tool REST Assured.
This course covers, among other things:
- Discovering opportunities for testing at the API level
- Deciding where (not) to apply automation at the API level
- Writing readable and powerful tests with REST Assured
- Parameterizing your tests for increased flexibility and coverage
- Working with JSON- and XML-based RESTful APIs
- Increasing maintainability by removing duplicate code and configuration
- Leveraging Hamcrest, GPath and XmlPath
- Creating more complex API test scenarios
- Working with Plain Old Java Objects (POJOs) to create requests and verify responses
There’s no better way to learn than by doing, so you’ll be presented with a variety of hands-on (programming) exercises throughout this course.
Intended audience and prerequisite knowledge
This course is aimed at testing practitioners that want to learn more about writing automation at the API level, why this is such a good idea and how REST Assured can help you provide for your API automation needs. Some previous exposure to object-oriented software development and test automation will make it easier for you to follow along, but participants new to these concepts will get a lot from this course as well.
Delivery and group size
I currently offer this course in person, on site only. The maximum group size is 12.
This course takes one working day.
If you would like to book me to teach this course in your organization, or if you have any additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form on this page.
For an overview of all training courses I have on offer, please visit the main training page.