Are you a tester working in a Python environment? Do you want to learn how to work with and contribute to automated tests written in Python? Then the ‘Python for testers’ course is just for you!
In this course, you’ll learn to work with exactly those aspects of the Python language that are most useful to testers, as well as some of the most used Python testing tools and libraries out there.
This course covers, among other things:
- Getting started with Python
- Projects and virtual environments
- Packages and the PIP package manager
- Classes, object, functions and parameters
- Working with files
- Raising and handling errors
- The pytest test framework
- pytest fixtures and data driven testing
- API testing in Python with the requests library
- Working with (SQLite3) databases from Python code
- End-to-end testing in Python with Selenium WebDriver
There’s no better way to learn than by doing, so you’ll be presented with a variety of hands-on (programming) exercises throughout this course.
Intended audience and prerequisite knowledge
This course is aimed at testing practitioners that want to learn more about writing automation code in Python, and what tools are available in the Python ecosystem to support you in that task. Some previous exposure to object-oriented software development and test automation will make it easier for you to follow along.
Delivery and group size
I currently offer this course in person, on site only. The maximum group size is 12.
This course takes two working days.
If you would like to book me to teach this course in your organization, or if you have any additional questions, please send an email to email@example.com or use the contact form on this page.
For an overview of all training courses I have on offer, please visit the main training page.