From the Robot Framework website: “Robot Framework is a generic open source automation framework for acceptance testing, acceptance test driven development (ATDD), and robotic process automation (RPA). It has easy-to-use tabular test data syntax and it utilizes the keyword-driven testing approach. Its testing capabilities can be extended by test libraries implemented either with Python or Java, and users can create new higher-level keywords from existing ones using the same syntax that is used for creating test cases.“
If you want to learn how to leverage the power of Robot Framework for your test automation efforts, this is the course for you!
This course covers, among other things:
- How to install and configure Robot Framework
- Selecting and configuring an IDE for writing Robot Framework tests
- Writing tests using keywords
- Using Test and Suite Setup and Teardown methods
- Creating your own keywords
- Extending Robot Framework functionality with libraries
- Using SeleniumLibrary for writing Selenium-driven tests for web applications
- Applying object-oriented programming principles, such as the Page Object pattern, to create reliable, readable and maintainable tests
- Using Robot Framework to write tests for RESTful APIs
- Reporting options
There’s no better way to learn than by doing, so you’ll be presented with a variety of hands-on (programming) exercises throughout this course.
Intended audience and prerequisite knowledge
This course is aimed at testing practitioners that want to learn more about using Robot Framework, and to make sure that they get the most out of doing so. Some previous exposure to object-oriented software development and test automation will make it easier for you to follow along.
I can deliver this course using either the Python-based or the Java-based implementation of Robot Framework.
Delivery and group size
I currently offer this course in person, on site only. The maximum group size is 12.
This course takes two working days.
If you would like to book me to teach this course in your organization, or if you have any additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form on this page.
For an overview of all training courses I have on offer, please visit the main training page.