Cucumber and SpecFlow are two tools that are often used in test automation solutions. Having experience in working with these tools is therefore a valuable addition to the skill set of any tester and developer. More important, however, is the knowledge of what these tools can and cannot do for you, and how to use them in the most efficient manner. And that’s exactly what this course will teach you.
If you’d like to make the best possible use of Cucumber or SpecFlow as part of your testing and automation efforts, you’ll need to know:
- their place and role in software development processes like Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Specification by Example (SbE) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- what kind of tools they are, what the philosophy behind these tools is and what they can do for you
- how to use their most powerful features in a way that actually adds to your software development and software testing efforts
- how to make them part of an effective, useful and maintainable test automation solution
What’s covered in this course?
This course covers the following subjects:
- what Cucumber and SpecFlow are and how they fit in practices like BDD, SbE and ATDD
- how to create and run executable specifications using Cucumber / SpecFlow
- how to make them an integral and valuable part of your test automation solution
- how to make the most of the powerful features provided by these tools
Since there’s no better way to learn than by doing, you’ll learn these subjects through a series of hands-on (programming) exercises.
After completion of this course, you’ll have:
- the knowledge to decide if and how Cucumber / SpecFlow can add value to your automation efforts
- experience in writing solid features and scenarios and their underlying automation code
- a good overview of what these tools can and can not do for your team and organization
- working examples of test automation solutions featuring Cucumber and Selenium that you can apply directly in your own project and organization
- had fun!
Duration of the course
The course as described above takes 2 working days. Customization is possible, though, so feel free to contact me if you have additional questions or requirements.
This course can be delivered using Cucumber (more specifically, Cucumber-JVM), meaning that all examples and exercises will be in Java, or using SpecFlow, with all examples and exercises in C#.
This course is offered in house, in person. This facilitates interaction and asking questions and will make sure that participants get the most out of the course. It also allows me to adapt my material, examples and exercises as much as possible to your specific requirements.
I work with a maximum group size of 12 participants. Currently, I’m only able to deliver this course in the Netherlands, or any other location sufficiently close.
Availability and pricing
Are you interested in me teaching this course at your organization, or do you have any additional questions? Please contact me through the Contact page or send me an email at email@example.com and I’ll be in touch.
Pricing available on request.