Good test automation…
- Enhances testing instead of trying to replace it
- Helps testers do their job, instead of trying to replace them
- Is treated as a first class citizen software development project (including, but not limited to, proper planning, design and testing, as well as accounting for maintenance)
- Goes beyond the programming of automated checks, if that helps the team
- Is focused, informative, trustworthy and repeatable
How good is your automation?
Thanks to (among many, many others) Richard Bradshaw, Michael Bolton, Jim Hazen and Angie Jones for continuously driving forward discussions on and the development of the craft. I learn something new every day, thanks to all of you.