Behaviour Driven Development
Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) is a process that aims to uncover and resolve communication problems by creating a shared understanding of the behaviour of a software product before it is developed.
That all sounds well and good, but how do you do that? This course will teach you how to get started with BDD and the tools and techniques that support it.
This course covers, among other things:
- An overview of the various steps in the BDD process
- Applying Specification by Example and Example Mapping to create conversations around a product
- Creating executable specifications in Gherkin
- Using tools that support BDD (such as Cucumber, SpecFlow or pytest-bdd) to create automated acceptance tests and living documentation from your specifications
- Common misunderstandings and pitfalls when practicing BDD
There’s no better way to learn than by doing, so you’ll be presented with a variety of hands-on exercises throughout this course.
Intended audience and prerequisite knowledge
This course is aimed at software development practitioners that want to learn more about Behaviour Driven Development, and to make sure that they get the most out of doing so.
Delivery and group size
This is a live training course, available both on site and online. The maximum group size is 12.
This course takes two working days.
If you would like to book me to teach this course in your organization, or if you have any additional questions, please send an email to email@example.com or use the contact form on this page.
For an overview of all training courses I have on offer, please visit the main training page.