Is your team or organization thinking about introducing test automation as a means of performing specific testing tasks more efficiently? Do you feel that your current test automation efforts do not live up to their potential?
I have more than 16 years of experience in designing and implementing test automation solutions that work, with a wide range of clients in various fields in the Netherlands as well as abroad. Over the years, I’ve:
- helped clients get unstuck in their test automation efforts through assessments and coaching
- implemented test automation strategies that are efficient and agile for teams and entire organizations
- built test automation solutions that work from scratch and taught teams and organizations how to do the same
One of my strongest qualities is the ability to break seemingly difficult problems down into small, actionable tasks. I communicate effectively across the organization, from boardroom to team room.
Defining or assessing a test automation strategy
Being successful with test automation requires more, much more than throwing tools at problems. I can help you dig deeper into your automation efforts and craft and implement a holistic test automation strategy, based on the Kipling method.
- Why are you investing your time, effort and money in test automation? What are you looking to get out of it?
- What testing tasks or types of tests are you going to automate? Regression tests? Test data preparation? Something else? What are you not going to automate?
- When are you going to write, run and maintain your test code and assets? How are you going to make sure that happens as close to development as possible?
- Where are you going to automate? Which components, systems and layers lend themselves well to automation? How can you improve testability / automatability?
- Who is going to write and maintain the automation? Testers? Developers? The team? Does the skill set of these people match these ambitions?
- How are you going to automate? What are the tools you have to or want to use? How are you going to automate the process of running tests and reporting on results?
If you would like to have a chat and see how I can help you, please contact me using the contact form on this site, or email me at email@example.com. I’m looking forward to working with you.