Object-oriented programming principles
Are you a tester looking to learn how to write better automation code? Do you want to improve your programming skills by learning fundamental object-oriented programming principles? Looking to have more meaningful conversations with developers about the structure, quality and testability of their code?
In this course, you’ll learn how to increase your value as a tester through the acquisition of programming skills. You can use these skills to start working on or get better at writing automation code, but they will also be a massive help in improving your conversations and collaboration efforts with the developers in your team.
This course covers, among other things:
- Objects, classes, constructors, methods and parameters
- Principles of object-oriented programming: inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism and abstraction
- Creating and structuring projects
- Dependency managers and build tools
- Working with unit testing frameworks
- Debugging, refactoring and clean coding practices
- Applying the SOLID principles to create better structured code that is easier to read, maintain and test
- Bringing your code under version control and running it as part of a Continuous Integration pipeline
There’s no better way to learn than by doing, so you’ll be presented with lots of hands-on (programming) exercises throughout this course.
Intended audience and prerequisite knowledge
This course is aimed at testing practitioners that want to learn to write (better) code to help them in their testing, automation and development efforts.
Delivery and group size
This is a live training course, available both on site and online. The maximum group size is 12.
This course can be delivered in Java, C# or Python.
This course takes three working days.
If you would like to book me to teach this course in your organization, or if you have any additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form on this page.
For an overview of all training courses I have on offer, please visit the main training page.