From the Robot Framework website:
“Robot Framework is a generic open source automation framework for acceptance testing, acceptance test driven development (ATDD), and robotic process automation (RPA). It has easy-to-use tabular test data syntax and it utilizes the keyword-driven testing approach. Its testing capabilities can be extended by test libraries implemented either with Python or Java, and users can create new higher-level keywords from existing ones using the same syntax that is used for creating test cases.”
If you want to learn how to leverage the power of the Swiss army knife that is Robot Framework for your test automation efforts, this is the course for you!
Course contents - day 1
The first day is all about getting started with Robot Framework, understanding its nature and structure, and writing and running your first tests.
- Installing Robot Framework
- Robot Framework libraries
- Creating and using keywords
- Using Test and Suite Setup and Teardown methods
- Using SeleniumLibrary (or BrowserLibrary) for writing Selenium- (or Playwright-)based tests for web applications
- Reporting options and Continuous Integration
Course contents - day 2
In day 2 of the course, you’ll dive deeper into Robot Framework, learn about more of its features and libraries, as well as how to extend Robot Framework by building your own keywords and libraries.
- Creating and reusing Robot Framework modules
- Conditional execution and loops
- Applying good programming principles to your Robot Framework tests
- Test templates (parameterized testing)
- The robotframework-requests library for API testing
- Writing and using your own Robot Framework library
There’s no better way to learn than by doing, so you’ll be presented with a variety of hands-on (programming) exercises throughout this workshop.
Intended audience and prerequisite knowledge
This course is aimed at testing practitioners looking to learn more about using Robot Framework, and to make sure that they get the most out of doing so. Some previous exposure to object-oriented software development and test automation will make it easier for you to follow along.
Delivery and group size
This is a live course, available both on site and online. The maximum group size is 12.
If you would like to book me to teach this course in your organization, or if you have any additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form on this page.
For an overview of all training courses and workshops I have on offer, please visit the main training page.